Are you new to Switzerland, and looking for ways how pay less taxes and save more money for your bright and carefree future? You’ll be pleasantly surprised because Asset Management Switzerland has an exclusive offer for you.
According to the Swiss Pension System, anyone with regular employment in Switzerland can substantially lower tax deductions by contributing voluntarily into Pillar 3a private pension.
Asset Management Switzerland AG, an independent asset and wealth management company in Switzerland, offers to expats (including but not limited to American citizens):
- to save some of taxable income (maximum contribution is limited to CHF 6’883 for private individuals or CHF 34’416 for self-employed persons for 2021) on a saving account;
- to invest taxable income into securities. The accounts can be opened either through a bank or an insurance company, depending on your preferences. Both offer flexibility and returns.
Thus, if you contribute CHF 6’883 into Pillar 3a (the maximum tax efficient amount per year) by the end of the year, you can save up to CHF 2’500 on taxes (based on an annual income of CHF 85,000).
In current negative interest rates environment in Switzerland, we recommend opening a securities account. When you are investing your money into securities, you ensure that over a long period of time you earn a return on the invested capital.
Pillar 3a has a significant advantage over other two Pillars of the Swiss Pension System, in particular, you can withdraw your savings plus returns earlier, if your private situation falls under one of these circumstances:
- you leave Switzerland permanently
- you wish to finance your own residential property
- you wish to become self-employed
- you wish to buy into a pension fund
- you receive a full IV pension
- you dissolve your current matrimonial property regime (in particular following divorce)
In addition to that, you do not have to pay wealth tax on the pension assets and, furthermore, interest as well as capital gains are exempt from income and withholding tax.
How much could you save on taxes?
Everyone’s financial situation is completely individual. Therefore, contact one of our consultants to assess your personal situation and start saving on taxes already today!
We will help you to answer the following questions: